As the title suggests, this post is going to be ENORMOUS. Don’t be scared, there will be a lot of good news and fun information to learn along the way! First, the correct answers to yesterday’s scuttlebutt question are: a drinking fountain; a rumor. Sadly, nobody responded with both answers and consequently nobody will receive the full 100 points. Lest you think I’m a trivia tyrant, I have decided to award Jessica 50 points for being the first to reply with the rumor portion of the answer (and a funny Little Mermaid reference). Congrats, you’re now in first place by 50 points! You shouldn’t get too comfortable there because the next trivia question is coming up and it’s still anybody’s game.
Navy Trivia of the Day
- What does the phrase “turn to” mean?
Today’s workouts were pretty intense and I loved almost every second of them :) I started out with the sit up workout before dinner and just completed the Body Rock workout. Based on how I feel now–invigorated, thirsty, and tired–, I am very glad that I decided to stagger the Body Rock exercises to every other weekday.
Sit up workout details (Day 2, second column):
- 15, 18, 14, 14, 23; performed with 60 second break between reps
- 84 total
Body Rock workout details (complete as many reps of each combination in 50 sec, 10 sec break between combinations):
- 10 high knees, 10 mountain climbers: 4
- 2 squat jumps, 2 push ups, 1 tuck jump: 3
- 1 center to elbow jump L&R, 2 leg jumps: 5
- 4 squat jumps, 1 push up: 3
- 5 tuck jumps, 5 1/2 burpees to squat hold: 1.5
- 1 spider knee push up L&R, 1 straight leg push up L&R: 2
- 1 switch lunge and reach: 27
- 2 side lunges, 1 L&R side punch, 2 tuck jumps: 5
- 10 squats, 10 squat jumps: 1
- 10 elbow to knee jumps L&R: 1.5
- 2 wide leg jumps, 1 push up:5
- speed run
- OMG that was INTENSE!!!
Speaking of intense, wait until you see what’s next. It’s been two weeks since my last weigh-in and measurement post, so I’ve posted today’s results below.
Current weight: 144 lb (-5.5 lb)
I’m hoping that this weight drop is not my cheap scale being cheap. I guess I should have weighed myself at my DEP meeting earlier today to confirm it. Now I guess I’ll have to update the weight loss major goal, since it seems that I’ve already accomplished it :) Yay!
- Bust: 37 in (-1 in)
- Chest: 34 in (+.5 in)
- Waist: 31 in (no change)
- Hips: 39.5 in (-.5 in)
- Thighs: 22 in (-.5 in)
- Calves: 13.5 in (+.25 in)
- Upper arm: 11.5 in (+.25 in)
- Forearm: 9 in (-.5 in)
- Total change: -1.5 in
I’m pretty happy with these results, too. I didn’t expect much change in either my weight or measurements given that I’ve only been doing the push ups and sit ups for the past week, but I am pleasantly surprised nonetheless. Well, that’s about all I can do tonight folks. I hope you’ll send in your guesses for the trivia question and stay tuned for tomorrow’s post.